
Catnapping has tagged me for The Pharyngula mutating genre meme.
There are a set of questions below that are all of the form:"The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…".
Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:
Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions.You can leave them exactly as is.
You can delete any one question.
You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change "The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is…" to "The best time travel novel in Westerns is…", or "The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is...", or "The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is...".
You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form "The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…".
You must have at least one question in your set, or you've gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you're not viable.
Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.
My Ancestry:
My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Pharyngula.
My great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Metamagician and the Hellfire Club.
My great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Flying Trilobite.
My great-great-great-great-grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock.
My great-great-great-grandparent is archy.
My great-great-grandparent is Why Now?
My great-grandparent is Hipparchia.
My grandfathers are Archaeopteryx and Kiefus.
My Mum is Catnapping.
My version of the questions:
• The best “bad” movie in comedy is: Bad Boy Bubby.
• The worst earworm in pop music is: Noonan, by Mr Floppy.
• The best alt-country album in country music is: Barricades & Brickwalls.
To keep the meme alive, I'm passing it along to:
Lavender at The Birds & The Beads because she loves a challenge and gets sucked into memes all the time. HAHA!
Red Mojo at Half a Bubble Off because I love Lucille and have never had a daughter, nether lone so multi-skilled ;)
KJ at OPTIONS Associates: For a Better World because I know she can do this! She's also a poet :)
Baino at Baino's Banter because she's the lady who can improve your knowledge of Australia beyond flora, fauna and birds!









18 comments:
Simply: I copy/pasted Catnapping’s, added another "great" to each of my ancestors, and then changed two questions (and you don't even have to change any of them if you don't want to). I then found an appropriate movie, song and album.
I am a 51 year old and a long gone arts major and you expect me to play your meme! C'mon, I have a pedestrian and mildly comedic blog . . thanks for the tag but . .
Love your butcher bird, we have loads and they attack me when I'm putting out the washing but what a song! So melodic. They like dry cat food (that's about as scientific as I can get) maybe natural selection stops with me!
HAHA it's a scientific *experiment* Baino! Okay if you're not up to it I'll remove you ;) Dry cat food for butcherbirds is recommended if people HAVE to feed the birds :)
Now if any more of you birds dip out, I’ll hang you on the clothes line for butcher's pecking!
Any volunteers?
Ohmigod! What have you done? I'm not sure I can do this. I mean the question mutating part I get but getting to my blog, etc. Arghhhh
HAHAHHAHA TORTURE isn't it Red Mojo! I can always email you the code if you email me your answers.
Shame birds don't beg ...
Okay, I figured it out, but how did you get the link into my comments? I tried leaving a link in comments and couldn't do it.
WOOHOOO! Can see you continued Catnapping's warped 'worst' gene too ;) Instructions to leave a link in a comment can only be emailed ...
Thanks Red Mojo!
I'm going to buy Barricades and Brickwalls. I love to try music I've never heard.
Thank you for adding your genes to the pool. We needed some upside down blood!
♥
love,
cat
Ahhh. You took me off but I had a bash anyway . . .
Nonononono don't buy the album Catnapping, I hate country music (and bagpipes) - REALLY!!!!! HAHAHHAAAA But ... I'd rather you find Mr Floppy's 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being a Dickhead' };-} What's all this mushy stuff? SCAT CAT!!!!
PS: Poor Anonybird had a cat for a Mum!!
Baino, are you serious!?! HAHHAAAAA, excellent! Like Catnapping said, they need a splash from Down Under :) *sigh* Back on the list ...
So, this will make you my Mum? Ok, Im in!!!! Tehehe
Will have to wait for brain storm to pass first.....hehehe....Mummy, can I stay home from school today? :)
Excellent!!! When you wake a bit more you'll realise your parent is 'anonymous' Lavender. Who needs an education? Hheheee. Get well soon ... I suffer from migraines too :(
Made a booboo but not too late to fix without effecting Baino and Red Mojo's mutations :) No one knows who Mr Floppy is anyway but 'Noonan' sure would be an earworm if classified as 'pop' HAHA!! You all REALLY MUST seek out a DVD of 'Bad Boy Bubby' };-}
Also, go see Baino's mutated genes and learn some more about Australia!
I am so proud of my baby. She's a genius, you know.
Oh BLAH, bet you're one of those Mums who thinks their little darling is an angel too! SCAT CAT before I peck your eyes out! MWHAHHAHAAAA
};-}
HUH?
Perriette, too complex for the completely insane and ... LATE!
HUH? ...
Like I said MerlinPrincesse, NOT for the totally insane!
Post a Comment