Saturday, 27 October 2007

Mrs Shows How







King Jack Mrs Red Wattlebird encourages style using an interesting prop of a Frangipani Tree - way to go Mrs Wattle (get away!) ... Jack

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Frangipani tree would be more interesting with leaves and flowers but Mrs Wattle likes to 'match'.

Lavender said...

Hehehe I was thinking the frangipani looked veyr interesting all naked - certinally gives us a better view of Mrs Red's very professional modelling skills - shes a pro! :)
(I think in the USA they call Frangipani, Plumeria)

Anonymous said...

Hahaaa a naked Frangipani, Lavender! My sons give me a flower each every day it flowers :) This Frangipani is a Plumeria rubra and they are from Central America! Mrs Red is indeed a Pro :)

Lavender said...

Aha! Well, that would be why the Yanks call it that then TEHEHEH
Your sons sound like brilliant blokes - clone them!

Anonymous said...

My sons want 'something' or money in return HAHHAAHA :)

ElizT said...

Beautiful patterns!

Anonymous said...

Yes, ElizT! That tree is one of Mrs Wattles favourites to show whos garden it is! She looks good in it too :)

Lavender said...

Ah. Well. They are still men, then. Bummer.



(CHEEK!!!!)

Anonymous said...

Hhehheheee, they can be sweet and offer a flower to simply make me smile, but I do have a constant battle being the only girl (although it can be nice too - on a good day!) ... :)

Ces Adorio said...

Yes, a great spot for Mrs Wattle. I thought the Frangipani tree looked familiar so I googled it and it is indeed a plumeria. We call it Kalchuchi and it is associated with a superstitious belief that women should not plant it or else they will be widowed. When I was a child my godmother wanted a frangipani/plumeria/kalachuchi tree so she asked my godfather to plant it for her. Alas, it was my godfather who died. I am sure the elders had some superstitious explanation. My godfather was a very good man. I remember him every time I see a kalachuchi or plumeria tree which has a very nice new name for me - frangipani.

Anonymous said...

That's interesting Ces, because the Frangipani reminds me of Nan who lived in Queensland, I can smell the fallen blossoms on the hot ground right now :) We have a few in our garden; they are wonderful statuesque looking plants.

tsduff said...

Hmmm - I thought that the plumeria grows in Hawaii. I've heard of the Frangipani before, but I couldn't tell you where. What a weird blunt tree when it is naked!!

Anonymous said...

TsDuff, I associate Hawaii with Hibiscus but Fangipanis probably grow anywhere warm :)

merlinprincesse said...

I thought Frangipani was a kind of tart... :)

Ces Adorio said...

I think Merlin Princess is referring to Fran Gipani, the Tart. Hahahaha!

Frangipani blossoms are used for leis.

Anonymous said...

MerlinPrincesse must be hungry!

Frangipani blossums have a poisonous sap that oozes from their ends, as do the trunks. When a child I often wore a flower behind one ear or bobby pinned onto hair Ces :) I sometimes still do in Summer!

RED MOJO said...

Sometime during this posts comments, you developed a leak Anonymous. What a rotten time to have your wings fall off, when all of your air is escaping. Are you reaching for a branch on your way to the ground, or just trying to get your balance?

Anonymous said...

MWHAHAHHAAA, I've turned into a ghostie Red Mojo! AnonyGhost doesn't weigh too much because ... a ghost! My arms do that naturally when screaming BOO!

Anonymous said...

Stylish, yet practical.

Anonymous said...

Mum knows best Perriette!